ClustrMaps

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sicily, Day 7

We are in Venice at the moment but have had no Internet service for two days...frustrating because I knew that I was getting behind in the blog posts... For those that are waiting for the full history about Joe's parents: Each day I have been adding to the story because Joe starts to tell me more and more interesting facts each time I ask him to clarify a date. Here's a sample of this morning's conversation:

Me: " So how long did your father court your mother"?

Joe: "I'm not sure...remember, this was an 'arranged' marriage. (What???... An arranged marriage?) You never mentioned that this was an arranged marriage".

Joe: "You have to understand." (Now follow me now...) "Everyone in this town in Sicily was either a Tropea or a Bruno"... Okay. "My father's mother was a sister to my mother's brother".

Me: (laughing.... big huge belly-laughs, tears-streaming-out-eyes type of laughing....trying to absorb what Joe has just said): "Let me get this right...your father's mother was a sister to your mother's brother"?

Joe: "Yes, but don't mention that in the blog because then everyone will know why I am the way that I am". (I eliminated the four letter descriptive word).

Me, MJ, & Dickle: Absolute Hysteria.

 

That was a tease for the the story which I will finish and post when I can...

 

In the meantime, here are pictures from the lasts couple of days at my brother's vineyard home in Castiglione, Sicily, located on the northern slope of Mt. Etna (not the side where the current lava flows are going)...

 

Piazza at Zaffron

 

My brother Bud, Lourdes & MJ

 

MJ
John & Joe
MJ, Fran & Joe
View of the coast coming down from the vineyard

 

No comments:

Post a Comment